- Before attending this course, students must have: Ideally a working knowledge of Microsoft .Net and Visual Studio And It is recommended all students successfully complete the ‘Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365’ course
- This course is intended for Information workers, IT Professionals and Developers. Students should have an existing working knowledge of either Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Microsoft Dynamics CRM. As a minimum, students should attend the prerequisite course ‘Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365’.
This course provides students with a detailed hands-on experience of setting up, customizing, configuring and maintaining the components of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement.
Attendees of this course will gain an in-depth understanding of the Dynamics 365 security model, learn how to customize the Dynamics 365 framework, create and maintain business process flows, create custom business apps and use solutions to package and deploy customizations across multiple Dynamics 365 environments.
The course applies to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Version 9.* (Online and On-premise deployments).
All of our courses have been quality tested by ProCert Courseware Testing.
- Understand the features and tools that exist in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement
- Be able to customize and configure the out of the box Apps and Hubs in Microsoft Dynamics 365, including the Sales and Customer Service Apps
- Create a custom model driven Unified Client Interface (UCI) App using the App Designer and Site Map Designer
- Be aware of integrating complimenting Microsoft products such as SharePoint, Skype for Business, Exchange and OneNote
- Undertake and carry out the initial setup and configuration required in a Microsoft Dynamics 365 deployment
- Configure Auditing in Dynamics 365 and the Office 365 Security and Compliance Center
- Design and configure a comprehensive Security model using the inbuilt tools in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Create a custom Dynamics 365 model including custom Entities, Fields and Relationships
- Understand the concept of Virtual Entities to integrate external data in Dynamics 365
- Design custom Forms, Quick View Forms, Quick Create Forms and Card Forms
- Create custom System Views, Personal Views and Public Views
- Understand the differences when customizing the Web, UCI and Outlook interfaces
- Create System Charts, Dashboards and Interactive Experience Dashboards
- Create and manage Business Rules using the Business Rule Designer
- Plan, design and implement best practice Workflow, Business Process Flows and Custom Actions
- Be able to apply best practice methodology using Unmanaged and Managed Solutions to deploy Microsoft Dynamics 365 customizations and patches
- Lectures 67
- Quizzes 5
- Duration 12 hours
- Skill level Expert
- Language English
- Students 25
- Assessments Yes
Module 1: Introduction
This module provides the attendee with an introduction to the concept of customizing and configuring the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement.
- Getting familiar with the versions of Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Get acquainted with the Dynamics 365 framework
- Review the Dynamics 365 Devices, Apps and Hubs
- Understand the tools for Dynamics 365 customizers
- A brief overview of Solutions
- Understand the differences between Dynamics 365 organizations and environments
- Review further reading and resources
- Set up the lab environment
Module 2: Initial Setup and Configuration
This module presents some of the most common features that require setup and configuration in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- An introduction to Dynamics 365 Admin Center
- An introduction to Dynamics 365 Deployment Manager
- An introduction to the Power Platform Admin Center
- Review the System Settings area
- Understand how to configure Auto Save Settings
- Understand how to configure Format Settings
- Understand how to configure Email Settings
- Understand how to configure Skype Integration
- Understand how to configure SharePoint Integration
- Understand how to configure OneNote Integration
- Understand how to configure Auditing
Module 3: Security
This module highlights the importance of maintaining a robust security model in Microsoft Dynamics 365 by stepping through how to configure Business Units, Security Roles, Users and Teams. Access Teams and Hierarchy Security are also considered.
Module 4: Creating and Managing Entities
In this module we will start to look at customizing the Microsoft Dynamics 365 model, including Entities, Relationships, Fields and Forms which can be customized and extended using powerful inbuilt tools.
Module 5: Customizing Fields
This module presents the different Field types that exist in Microsoft Dynamics 365 including special Fields like Calculated and Rollup Fields. The Business Rule Designer is also introduced together with Field Level Security.
Module 6: Customizing Relationships and Mappings
This module provides an overview of the different types of Relationships that can be created in Microsoft Dynamics 365. Relationship Behaviors and Mappings are also considered.
Module 7: Customizing Forms, Views and Visualizations
This module steps through the process to create, customize and configure Forms, Views, Charts and Dashboards in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement.
- The process to create a new Form
- Review the different Form types
- Using the Form Designer
- Customizing the Main, Quick View, Quick Create and Card Forms
- Configure Form Security
- Review the different View types
- Customizing System Views
- Configure the Editable Grid
- Customizing System Charts and Dashboards
Module 8: The Unified Client Interface (UCI)
This module looks at the Unified Client Interface (UCI) in Microsoft Dynamics 365, including using the App Designer to create custom Apps and customize an out of the box UCI App such as the Sales Hub and Customer Service Hub.
Module 9: Processes: Workflows, Business Process Flows and Custom Actions
In this module you will learn how to create and maintain Workflows, Business Process Flows and Custom Actions in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Module 10: Solution Management
In this module you will learn how to create and manage Solutions in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement. Solutions act as a container for your customizations, allowing you to easily package, deploy and manage changes to multiple Microsoft Dynamics 365 environments
- An introduction to Solution Management
- How to add and administer components in a Solution
- The differences between unmanaged and managed Solutions
- How to export and import a Solution
- How to set Managed Properties for a Solution
- What happens when you delete a Solution
- How to Clone a Solution Patch
- How to Clone a Solution