- This event has passed.
Training Course 80433A : Reporting in Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Day 2)
January 31 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$350
Course Outline – Day 2
Module 4: Design Considerations
This module explains how to use the techniques from the previous modules to build advanced reports.
- Report Patterns and Recipes
- Report Rendering Considerations
- Useful Information
Lab : Creating Green Bar Reports
Lab : Creating a Top X Report
- Apply green bar effects and create dashboard reports.
- Understand how a report will be rendered when it is exported to an Excel spreadsheet or a PDF file.
- Apply some helpful information that can be useful when you design reports.
Module 5: Running Reports
This module explains the options on how to run the reports.
- The ReportViewer Control
- Run a Report in Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Hyperlinks to Reports
- Run a Report from a SharePoint Site
- Hyperlinks in a Report
- Run a Stand-Alone Report in Visual Studio
- Interesting Links
Lab : Add a Report to the RoleTailored Client
Lab : Call a Report from a Web Service
- Use the features of the ReportViewer control.
- Describe how to run a report from the RoleTailored client.
- Examine how to add a report to a page and the Departments section.
- Examine how to create and run hyperlinks to reports at the command prompt, the Start menu, the Desktop and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Describe how to run a report from a SharePoint site.
- Describe how to create a hyperlink to a page.
- Describe how to create a hyperlink to a report.
- Review where to locate additional resources and information about reporting.
- Run a stand-alone report by using Visual Studio.
Module 6: Upgrade Reports
This module explains the different types of reports that can be upgraded.
- How to Upgrade a Report to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013
- Optimize the Dataset for the New Report Dataset Designer
- The Windows Page File
- Optimize the Layout for RDLC 2008
- Determining which Reports to Upgrade
Lab : Redesigning a Customer List Report
Lab : Redesigning a Customer – Order Summary Report
- Explain the report upgrade workflow for different report types.
- Implement report dataset optimization.
- Describe the upgrade process and flow of reports to the RoleTailored client.
- Explain how to use the dataset for the report dataset designer.
- Describe how to upgrade classic reports.
- Apply dataset optimization techniques in reports.
- Apply report design UX guidelines.
- Optimize performance.
- Build the request page.
- Import and upgrade a report that has only a Classic report layout to a Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 report that has an RDLC layout.
- Modify the RDLC layout.